January 11, 2014

Crockpot Philly Cheesesteak (made with ground beef!)


I don't know about you, but I love a good Philly Cheesesteak Sandwich. Now, what I don't like is having to use an expensive cut of meat to do this. Since we are a family of four on a one job income I can't be spending so much on just one meal, even if we do love it. I have to always be budget minded.

I found this recipe on Spend With Pennies and immediately put it on my list of dinners for this week. I knew I had to try it. It was soo good! I will definitely be putting this on our meal rotation list.



Ingredients:

  • 1 lb. of Ground Beef
  • 1 Clove of Garlic
  • 1 Large Onion, sliced however you like
  • 2 Large Green Peppers
  • 2 tblsp. Flour
  • 1 can Condensed French Onion Soup
  • 1 tsp. Worcestershire Sauce
  • 2 cups Provolone or Mozzarella, shredded
  • Bun or Bread of your choice

 Procedure






1. Brown ground beef and garlic. Try to keep your pieces large.







2. Prepare your green peppers and onion.







3. Combine your meat, garlic, green peppers, and onion in your crockpot. Sprinkle the flour over top and stir.







4. Mix together the can of soup and the Worcestershire sauce. Pour the mixture over everything else.




Cook on Low for 4-5 hours.










5. When you are about ready to eat sprinkle your cheese over top and allow it to melt. Serve on buns of your choice.

1 comment: