January 13, 2014

Cabbage and Eggs


So this morning I wanted a healthy, low carb breakfast that used cabbage. I, for some reason, have two heads of cabbage in my fridge and no plans for them. I came across this recipe at Summer Tomato: Cabbage and Eggs and it is so good. I do not have any pictures yet. Honestly, I didn't think it was going to be blog worthy, but I assure you the next time I make it, which will probably be tomorrow, I will take pictures.

I have changed the recipe slightly to fit me. I didn't think 1 cup of cabbage would be enough so I used two and then doubled the soy sauce. I don't take in much sodium during the day so the extra soy sauce didn't bother me. Feel free to adjust the recipe as you wish.

You can also pre-chop your cabbage ahead of time to save on prep time.


Ingredients:

  • 2 cups Cabbage, chopped
  • 2 tsp. Soy Sauce
  • 2 Eggs, beaten
  • Butter or Oil
  • Seasoning (I used salt, pepper, and garlic powder)
1. Heat pan on medium heat. Add butter or oil.
2. Once butter has melted or oil is heated add your cabbage and cook until your cabbage is softer and beginning to turn brown.
3. Add your soy sauce and stir consistently until your pan stops steaming.
4. Pour your beaten eggs over top and stir to combine. Place a lid on your pan and stir frequently until done.

Enjoy!

How do you use your cabbage? Let me know in the comments below.


No comments:

Post a Comment