April 23, 2014

Carrot Poke Cake

This morning I made Red Velvet Pancakes with this Simple Cream Cheese Frosting. I had a lot of frosting left over and didn't want it to go to waste so I bought a box of carrot cake from the store. I turned it into a poke cake.



All I did was prepare the cake as directed and then used a chopstick to poke holes as you can see below. 


I then warmed up my leftover cream cheese frosting and poured it on top. So simple!


The cake was delicious and moist. Next time, I will be making my carrot cake from scratch. I don't think I've ever had homemade carrot cake and can only imagine how awesome it is.

Has anyone made carrot cake from scratch? Let me know if you have and any tips or suggestions you have about it in the comments below.


No comments:

Post a Comment