June 28, 2014

What's for dinner? 6.28.2014

Hi everyone. Tonight for dinner we had salmon patties, fresh green beans from the Farmer's Market which we picked up this morning, and baked sweet potatoes. I thought it was good and so did the husband. The kids on the other hand did not like the sweet potatoes. I don't know why because they were delicious. 

The salmon patties were simple. Two cans of salmon with the spine? removed. I didn't worry about the smaller bones or skin since that is where all of the wonderful vitamins and nutrient are. I just made sure to squish it all up really good. I added 2 eggs, salt and pepper, and some bread crumbs and mixed, in the squishy kind of way. I then added more bread crumbs, then some more bread crumbs. Fried them up in some olive oil, squishing them down with the spatula when I flipped, and bam! Salmon patties! with Miracle Whip, of course!

I put the green beans in a 9 x 13 and salt and peppered them, threw some minced onions in (yes, the dried minced kind), and drizzled them in olive oil. I then put the green beans in the oven at 375 degrees for not nearly enough minutes. They were not done all the way and therefore will be cooked again tomorrow for lunch. 

For the sweet potatoes I washed them with a brush, wrapped them in plastic wrap, and put them in the microwave for about 12 minutes. After they had cooled a little I cut them in half and peeled the skin off and mashed them with a fork. It was so easy. 
 

What did you serve for dinner tonight?

2 comments: